help!!! please

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
maegan
Level 1
Level 1

I have a baby RES and she has some sort of scab on her neck but it doesn’t seem to be going away! In fact I think its getting worse! It looks like i bite mark but she had it before I got her so... I don\'t know exactly what happened! Can someone please instruct on how to help her?? Please I\'m worried bout Charly! (yes Charly is a girl)

Thank you so much,
deesygirl

Put your RES in a dry tank for a while. You need to clean the wound with Betadine. Make sue you put her in water to soak for 30 minutes twice a day. Give her a little time and she will be right as rain. You can also check out the first aid link in this site at the top of this page. Good luck
baby_res
Level 2
Level 2

You mean i\'m suppose to keep my water turtle out of water all day except for half hour twice a day?? Thats sounds sooo mean but i will do it if i have to but if there is any other way i would rather try that!! Do you or anyone else know of anyother way??
Thanks
baby_res
Level 2
Level 2

And i also don\'t see the first aid link lol sorry
deesygirl

Here is the link http://www.allturtles.com/care_sheets/first_aid.php

Under the care sheet section is some very helpful advice about the most common problems you may have with your RES as well as other types of turtles. There is also a first aid section.

Dry tanks are used for treating many types of problems. Mostly infections. I know it sounds a little strange, it did to me as well the first time. It really is the best option at times.
baby_res
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you very much for your help I think I will give her another week and if its still the same I will try that! I just got her a week ago so I don\'t want to do more stressful then I have to.
baby_res
Level 2
Level 2

If anyone is wondering I changed my name!
  • Information