Beautiful tank setup

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
sarky
Level 2
Level 2

Check out this really beautiful turtle habitat: http://community.webshots.com/album/62251635srKSiK

What a great idea. I wonder if the owner made it or bought a kit. Anyone seen anything like it in a store? Either way, wow. When I upgrade my tank, this is what I want to do.
brandi

very kewl
bridavis
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for posting this, this is clearly an awesome setup, and I doubt that it was bought in a store. Looks like a custom job.

What wasn\'t clear to me was how the turtle gets up onto the land part.

The only problem I foresee is cleaning all the gravel on the bottom.

Also, how do you keep the land part clean? Do turtles only deficate in the water, or is there a possiblity that the turtle will make a mess on the land part as well? I can see that being quite a pain to keep clean.

Brian
sarky
Level 2
Level 2

bridavis wrote:
What wasn\'t clear to me was how the turtle gets up onto the land part.
There\'s some kind of plastic vine-like thing hooked to the edge of the landing. You can see it clearly here: http://community.webshots.com/photo/622 ... 2447mRZcue
Also, how do you keep the land part clean? Do turtles only deficate in the water, or is there a possiblity that the turtle will make a mess on the land part as well? I can see that being quite a pain to keep clean.
That\'s a good question! I don\'t know. I was also wondering what kind of substrate that was on the land area. It looks like gravel under the basking lamp and something else (mulch? sawdust?) on the rest of it.
  • Information