Turtle won\'t eat his pellets

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Felix
Level 1
Level 1

Hi
It\'s been 4 months that i changed my 9 year old turtle\'s aquarium and he won\'t eat his pellets nor his crickets anymore. The only food that he will eat is raw red meat. Before the move he would eat his pellets daily, crickets & meat 1 time a week. Now he ignores them totally. What do i do?
Greg2255288
Level 2
Level 2

STOP feeding rd meat!! its to unhealty in large quantities. whatis tehwater temp?? also, try feeding him every other day, b/c if he gets hungry enough, h will evntually eat. try teasing him into eating. maybe, hang a bag of crickets next to his tank,and let him watch them, just a suggetion. hope i helped.
Felix
Level 1
Level 1

Ok no more red meat!! I even bought him a new basking light and changed to some frozen fish (pet store recommended) and still won\'t touch his pellets. I\'m afraid he got used to the other food source and won\'t eat his normal food.
baby_res
Level 2
Level 2

Something one of my friends did is keep the pellets in a bag of food they like (for you keep them in with red meat) so that they smell like it! lol I dunno if your turtle will go for it but my friends does! hope that works for you!
  • Information