Fallen!

Discussions about turtles.
ralph
Level 1
Level 1

juz today my DaYu (male red ear slider, 3inches from head to tail) fell from his feeding bowl. the feeding bowl is placed on a table with height about 30inchs. he fell, and i'm not there to witness the fall so i didn't know whether he hit the floor bottom first or head first or whatever sides first. i'm so scare! i picked it up and gave it a warm bath. and the mean time i thorough check his caraspace, plastron, scutes, feet, head, eyes and things like tht. generally i find he is in good condition but i need u guys help to confirm tht he's alrite. could u guys help me? thanks alot for any info and tips on checking up turtles tht suffer falls.
OracleX
Level 2
Level 2

I had one of my turtles fall out of the tank once which is higher than a table top and it was fine. Like wise I wasn't there to see him climb out of the tank and bungie jump without tieing herself in first. I picked her up and cleaned her off and put her back in. All her legs were moving fine, tail moving fine and head bobbing around as usual. She was acting like she normal does and still pigged out when food was put in the tank.

I would say that if your turtle is acting the same as it was before that it is fine. Watch to see if it is having any trouble moving body parts or catching food.

Also too, you might want to start feeding it on the floor :)
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

hey ralph,

start feeding him closer to the floor.....lol. sorry, i had to do that.
  • Information