to much alge!

Discussions about turtles.
spoonz

my tank used to be clean but now it all of a sudden has lots of alge growing everywere and I keep cleaning it off and cleaning the tank but it only takes a week and its back, full force, I don\'t know any other way...
any hints or success will be appriceated..
thanks ahead of time.
Rob
Bradleychris
Level 3
Level 3

A good filter with biological media will really help. Also you can buy algea remover tablets which will help also. The tablets have to be added eveytime you change the water though. When I added my fluval 304 the slgea almost stopped. You are going to have an outbreak her and ther, but the filter is great.
Erica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.
That\'s great you have alge! A well established tank is going to have some for sure. I\'m not sure how much you have or anything like that, but it is good to have it. I know it might not be the prettiest stuff but it is good. it carries good bacteria in it. I bet at the start when you first got your tank or rock or what ever there was no alge but now that you\'ve had it a while it\'s getting a little green. it just means you\'re keeping a good tank. what i like to do is just get some of it off my turtles rock just so it looks a little nicer but i never try to get rid of it all since i\'ve read more than once that it is good for your tank. So yeah i hope i helped a little!
  • Information