I need turtle help

Discussions about turtles.
iluvespongebob

When i was in 6th grade my mom bought my little brothers 4 (res) turtles they were the size of quaters...my step mom ended up raising them because i gave them to her since my brothers didnt take care of them. Only one survived because the people we bought it from didn\'t give us the right food and the water was really cold. The one that survived now lives with me and i take care of him...hes about the size of my hand which is pretty big.
But yesturday my moms friend bought turtles and wants me to take care of them for her. being an animal lover i cant stand to see the these two little turtles suffering. so i was wondering what do i feed little turtles that are the size of quaters i tried giving them pellets that my other turtle eats but i think they are too big. and there is less than half a cup of water in the tank and it completely covers them since the tank is small they have a rock and light but still dont eat...i think the water is too cold but they dont have heaters small enough. so if anyone can give me advice on what to do feeding and taking care wise it would really help please please let me know!!!
Bradleychris
Level 3
Level 3

READ READ READ ALL THE MESSAGE BOARDS IN HERE. YOU WILL LEARN WHAT YOU NEED TO DO. OR YOU CAN EMAIL JOE
Greg2255288
Level 2
Level 2

well the sticks you feed your turtle can be broken up, or you can go to a petstore and they ave special little stcks for baby turtles, with extra calcium. You can also try to get some small crickets, i guarantee they will love those. You could also try feeder guppies,or even romaine lettuce, Hope i helped.
l8or g8or

They also love fresh shrimp (not cooked of course). Just remember, too much protein can cause rapid growth which is not a good thing.
  • Information