Will They get Along

Discussions about turtles.
nycduncan

I have 1 year old slider (don\'t know if male or female). I want to adopt another slider (unsure of sex) but scared that they might fight. Should I be concerned?
Val_smiles
Level 2
Level 2

When I first brought home a baby turtle my older RES was a bully to him. I purchased a tank divider so Marty (my older RES) wouldnt hurt Phil (my baby). I slowly got them us to one another and they now share a tank happily together. My suggestion get them a tank divider if you fear that they may not get along. ( I only had to use mine for a couple of months before they got use to one another.) Good Luck!
ownerofjekyllandhyde
Level 1
Level 1

I have two sliders - one is about 3\" and the other about 2\" - and they get along great! They really enjoy climbing on top of each other sometimes (the bigger one looks *really* funny on top of the little one!) and I have yet to see them fight or be violent with each other at all. I don\'t know if I got lucky with them or not, but I figure that most should get along... I would say your best bet is just to get one that\'s about the same size as yours and watch them closely during the first few days they\'re together. :)
  • Information