what are they doing?

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
liz844
Level 1
Level 1

what are my red eared sliders doing? today off and on I noticed my turtles would go up to each other look at thier faces and then it looked like they were fanning thier front feet near the other ones face or something like that and the just kept doing it back and forth to each other untill the other one bit back.. they still keep doing this same process unless they notice that I am looking at them...what are they doing help me out please... oh yeah these turtles are a little overa year old if not even a year I got them as baby res\'s please help me asap!
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

This is just their lil mating ritual that they do.

MishFish wrote:

Ours are doing the same thing. But, how do we know if we have a male and a female? Do they do it to each other if one is the same sex?
l8or g8or

awwwwww..... they are twitterpated!
liz844
Level 1
Level 1

[email protected] wrote:
MishFish wrote:

Ours are doing the same thing. But, how do we know if we have a male and a female? Do they do it to each other if one is the same sex?
mine are both doing it to each other....I think one of them is a girl and the other is a boy but I am not quite sure...I have had these two since they were baby res and they are about a year old now./....please help me here!
Greg2255288
Level 2
Level 2

l8or g8or wrote:
awwwwww..... they are twitterpated!
that is a cute way of explaining \"it\"!!
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

They will do it no matter the sex, so ...you still won\'t know which sex they are....SORRY!!
  • Information