White Spots? Help!

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
eijjix23

My three inch red ear slider that i found and is trying to help is stange. He had white spots on his shell. I brushed it and it looked like part of it was coming off like it was sheding. Do they do that? Well the other white spots dont come off at all and arent peeling. what to do, a bit of help would be great.
Last edited by eijjix23 on Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heather
Level 3
Level 3

You can tell when a shell is just peeling..It peels like our skin(flakey).These white spots , however, could be a fungus.If you can give me a better description of how they look I might be able to help. GOOD LUCK!
BeckDaPig
Level 2
Level 2

eeek
my baby RES have the same problem

those white little spots are really tiny covered at the rim of its shell, mainly toward the tail area.

they are just tiny white dots, doesnt feel like bumpy just smooth on the shell. and i was afraid i might hurt my RES so i didnt scrubb hard but it doesnt seem like it is coming off at all.

hope someone can give some advice.

thanx

piggy
eijjix23

[/quote]well its been a while and the white spots arent comming off so i just stoped trying. The good thing is its not affecting him. He seems healthy, in fact he got fater and is an inch longer. thanks for the help, but if there is any more, i wont mind taking it. Thanks. oh and to the put it in a better perspective, the white spots are just white spots, they dont lump up or any thing, its just smooth and looks like part of its shell.
Last edited by eijjix23 on Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Information