Heater Question?

Discussions about turtles.
orion27
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a heater for my turtle tank and I was wondering what kind to get. I ask because I was told that my turtles have gone into a hybernation because my water is to cold 72-74 (that is why they hardly eat now). Plus I only have half of the tank full and I can\'t find a heater that doesn\'t go directlt into the water (most clip onto side of tank). If anyone could help me then I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Daman
Level 1
Level 1

Look here http://www.petsmart.com/fish/shopping/a ... aid_00068=

Most of these submergable heaters have suction cups. You probally would not want much more than a 50 watt heater for 10-30 gallon tanks. A 100 watt heats the water too fast. A 50 watt stays on more often, but regulates the temp better IMO.

I had that same exact problem and found a heater at PETCO that has suction cups so I could stick it down further in the water. It was a little costly though ($25). It was in a clear package so you could tell that it had suctions. Also my sister found a fully submersable heater at WalMart....not to sure how that one works as she just got it. Hope that helps!
cheetah
Level 2
Level 2

hey of course i had the same problem but i went to my local pet store and they sould submersible heaters the stick to the side of your tank...mine only cost about 20 bucks and it works great....
  • Information