res wont eat pellets

Post your turtle first aid questions here.

my res is 4 years old i have been feeding him turkey and ham recently and now he refuses to eat his pellets and this has been like this for a month or so now is that ok? please help.
Amanda
Level 1
Level 1

Oh dear! They do like the finer things in life don\'t they?! My terrapin stopped eating her special food and would only munch sandwich meat & expensive fish, which caused her to suffer a serious vitamin deficiency. I cheated by scoring her meat and dusting vitamin powder inside and feeding her that way - a balanced diet where she gets to eat what she likes! If that doesn\'t work, maybe a change of turtle mix might stimulate her appetite, good luck!
l8or g8or

Ham is very high in sodium, and if it is deli ham & turkey.... a big no no - even for human consumption. I think that he will eventually eat when he is hungry enough.
jonicus
Level 1
Level 1

one word: crickets. Get a few and throw them in there (alive ones).

I started to give him dried shimp and vitamin powder but still won\'t eat pellets and his water is always getting cloude could it be the powder ?
maegan
Level 1
Level 1

You can try putting the pellets in the same bag as the food they like, that way they will smell better to eat! (my friend does this)

Good luck
baby_res
Level 2
Level 2

smallfingaz did your turtle start eating them yet??

he is eating but not the pellets is shell is getting white spots that can be washed off but i think it is from the powder plus i can mix the pellets because they float and the turkey sinks.
  • Information