No Poop?

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
rachel1415
Level 1
Level 1

I know this sounds really stupid, but i'm worried about my little guy. The problem is, he hasn't pooped in five days! I clean out debree in his tank everyday, and there isnt any poop. I dont know if he's sick or if this is a normal thing to do. Please Help!!
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

Not normal. As funny as it's going to sound, he may need a enema. If he hasn't pooped in two more days take him to the vet, they will help him "elimenate" his problem.
rachel1415
Level 1
Level 1

BIG PROBLEM, Remember how i said my turtle wasn't pooping? Well, one day i watched him like a hawk and realized he was pooping, but then he decided to now eat his poop! Isn't that disgusting? Does anyone know if that means he's lacking a vitamin or if i'm not feeding him enough? I normally feed him twice a day, a little in the morning and a teaspoon in the evening, of just pellets, and sometimes i feed him a meat. Please Help!!!!!!
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

No, it's not a big problem. It's normal. LOL He is as healthy as a turtle gets. Disgusting, yes, but very healthy. Stop worring, your turtles is a good baby. You may want to up his food a little. He will stop eating his poop as regularly.
rachel1415
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, for telling me it was not a big problem. Just tonight i started feeding him a little more. I read the pellet container and it said i should give him a tablespoon, so that's what i did! Thanks for the help, and now i know my little baby is okay!!!
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

glad that problem is solved! good thing he has a good mommy.
  • Information