Types of Species???

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
DaphneSG

I have 2 turtles required identity....

(1) Two Colors - Green and Greenish-yellow strips, looks like red-earred slider, but it does not have the red markings behind it\'s ears. It\'s shell is different from Red-Earred Slider. Is this Common Map Turtle?

(2) Similar as above, having quite long neck. Shell isn\'t round, oval shape I suppose! It\'s under shell is yellowish with big dots.

Thanks
shorty
Level 1
Level 1

I just bought a turtle and i dont know what he or she eats and i dont dont what kind of turtle he or she is? i bought this turle pellets but i dont think he is eating them. so i would like to know what kind of turtle i have. it is very small andit\'s shell is green with some light i mean really light green patterns. on the bottom he has so little patterns that are green and light green there like little circles. and the side of his head he has orange circles on both sidesof his head. i would really like it if you could write back as soon as possible i dont want it to die thank you.

yours truly,
laura
DaphneSG

Hi Laura,
Hmm, all my 4 turtles are feed on \"TETRA REPTOMIN FLOATING STICKS\" and they do ate them at the regular time I fixed. I\'ve also read up some websites that eventually it mentioned turtles can also feeds on prawns, small fishes, etc.
As far I know, some turtles are shy, they do not like others looking at them while eating!

As describe by you, i believe your turtle species belongs to the \"Red-earred slider\", as you mentioned that there is reddish-orange spot behind their eyes!

Take care!

Regards,
Daphne
shorty wrote:
I just bought a turtle and i dont know what he or she eats and i dont dont what kind of turtle he or she is? i bought this turle pellets but i dont think he is eating them. so i would like to know what kind of turtle i have. it is very small andit\'s shell is green with some light i mean really light green patterns. on the bottom he has so little patterns that are green and light green there like little circles. and the side of his head he has orange circles on both sidesof his head. i would really like it if you could write back as soon as possible i dont want it to die thank you.

yours truly,
laura
frankslider

i
Last edited by frankslider on Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frankslider

DaphneSG,in reply I also have a turtle as the one you described in # 1, it was very hard trying to figure out what kind of turlte he is and it is part of the RED eared slider family but it is a SLIDER.
Frankslider
hollygirl05
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Daphne, From what you described, It sounds like a yellow bellied slider. I had one before, they are in the slider family. Hope this helps. Becky
browny turtle
Level 1
Level 1

Hey while we r on speices i was wondering. I have not gotten a turtle so will you tell me this what kind is the best for a bigenner i need a small one cause i only have a ten gallon tank so please reply but hurry i only have 2 days. please hurry
~~~LAYLA~~~
Level 3
Level 3

were did u buy it from? u should find what it ate b-4 u bought it mine eats the tetra floating sticks also sometimes he\'ll eat romaine lettuce and other veggies
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

hey you should prob get a mud turtle. their cute and rarely grow over 4 in. Or you could get a RES they do get kinda big so you would need a 20 gallon tank but with a rock and some food a red ear slider could live in a ten gallon for at least a day so you would need to buy a 20 gallon. good luck =)(p.s.always wash your hands after handeling your turtle)
  • Information