New environment-shall I?

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
lily
Level 1
Level 1

I had my two RES for 2 years and I was told to set the water level to mid-shell level and had been doing that for 2 years (I know I should have done some research). I now bought the water heater and water filter for them and have put lots of water in the tank with bask area but I am not sure whether they are used to it or whether it is healthy for them to change the environment since this is all new to them. Please advise!
turtlelover001

You have made life much more pleasant and natural for your turtles. Just keep an eye on the water temperature for at least the first two weeks and adjust if necessary.
joe allen
Level 2
Level 2

Ok when i answer peoples questions i always tell them to try and think what nature is like i mean do they always have the same condiions in nature of course not. Remember that1 of the 7 charistics of a living thing is it\'s ability to adapt to it\'s enviroment you should be fine with the water as long as you remember the general rule the water should only be as deep as the turtle is wide. well i hope i have helped and if youneedmore detailed answers then just e-mail me and i will respond within 24 hours. Well good luck
lily
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your replies. One of my turtles is enjoying it A LOT!!! In fact the reason why I was brought to this website is to find out how to stop my turtles from hybernating. One of my turtles died from hybernation last year and this year I am trying to avoid the same incidence. However, one of my turtles is awake but the other one is still sleeping although the water temperature is 78F. It is not eating and I am very worried... any suggestions?
  • Information