Not Sure

Discussions about turtles.
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

Well, I still haven't made up my mind about the algea eater because my four monsters will eat any and everything.
I have been feeding them a mixture of this:
smushed bananna, smushed apple, lettuce, krill, baby shrimp, Reptomin, and bloodworms. Is there anything out there on the market that can vary their diet? Also, is there a cream or oil that I can put on their shell that is calcium enriched? If there is, where can I locate and buy it? (I'm talking store, not internet.)
Thanks for the help.
axepoodle
Level 2
Level 2

Oh, Brandy, you HAVE to try "Can o' Worms" by ZooMed, it's so fresh it still look alive. Remember my turtle's eating problems? I thought it was the filter, or lights. The first time I saw them going absolutely nuts for food is when I fed them "Can o' worms". The only draw back is that it's pretty greasy.
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

=o) and it sounds gross. LOL thanks, i will give it a try.
axepoodle
Level 2
Level 2

I feed them Can o' Worms once a week right before I change the water, trust me, it is pretty gross...
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

ugh. well, anything for my water monsters. they are pretty spoiled. they are in there right now rattling their stones on the bottom of the aquarium letting me know it's time for breakfast. LOL
axepoodle
Level 2
Level 2

that is cool, I wish I can be home staring at them right now.
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

mine are spoiled silly. they know when i am suppose to feed them. they also know that they are adorable. i don't know if you have aol, but my screen name is the same here......if you have any questions and i am on feel more than welcome to im me.
i hope your little ones stay happy! =o)
axepoodle
Level 2
Level 2

Ok, I do have an aol account but never had the chance to set it up, when I do I'll give you my screen name. What's your time zone? I'm Eastern Standard time in NYC.

billy
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

i'm an hour or two behind...i'm eastern
axepoodle
Level 2
Level 2

my aol screen name is ANALOGEEK.

billy
poohbear
Level 2
Level 2

I don't think there is a cream for turtle shells but there is a type of powder you dust on the food before you give it to them which has tons of calcium, and danylion leaves are high in calcium too.
  • Information