My RES

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
jellybino
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 RES. They are both about 2 - 2 1/2 in in size. I\'ve had them for 5 months. The smaller turtle has adjusted well to his new surroundings, and is very active and eats ALOT, but the slightly larger turtle hasn\'t eaten anything in over 2 weeks, and all he does is sit on the basking rock and sleep. At first I thought that the other turtle might be eating all the food before he could get to it, so I put the larger one (Myrtle) in a seperate tank and he still wont eat. BTW...i feed them pellets, and they both always used to eat them with no problem. His eyes seem to have dark circles around them. He\'s very lethargic, and very rarley gets off his rock. He doesn\'t swim or anything. I\'m getting worried. Is he just going into hibernation or could he be sick? What should I do?
Last edited by jellybino on Wed Jan 01, 2003 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deesygirl

First of all check the temp of your water. Should be around 74-80. Since it is getting colder you may need a new heater. Sometimes they do not seem to keep up in the cold as well. I usually replace mine yearly. If it is not temp. I would have him checked out by a vet. There are many things that could cause the lethargy. He could have an infection or even worms. Good luck, I hope he gets better.
  • Information