New addition to the family!

Discussions about turtles.
Val_smiles
Level 2
Level 2

Hey guys I just thought I would let you all know that I am the proud Mom of a new baby RES. His name is Phillip but we call him baby Phil. He is adorable! I have never had a baby before, when I got Marty he was about 3 years old so I am new to this. I had a few questions if anyone could help. Marty (my older RES) was mean and snapped at my baby when I first put him in his tank. So I had to purchase a tank divider and seperate them until they get more use to one another. Is this ok to do to the both of them? Also baby Phil is eating like a champ my question is what else can I give him to eat? He eats krill and shrimp right now. Thanks for your replies ahead of time!
penguin_perfection
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, cograts! You can feed him pellets, cooked chicken (not spicy), turtle flakes, live food, dried/freeze dried food and fresh fish. This is the kind of thing I feed my baby painteds and from what I heard, painted and res diets are similar.
Bradleychris
Level 3
Level 3

My baby paint loves taco bell, dennys and those nasty chicken patty sandwiches out of the Gas station.

No not really, I feed him....live night crawlers(small ones), meal worms, live shrimp, LOW protein pellets, and guppies. Monet doesn\'t seem to care for vegitation now, but grows older he may become a little herbivious. You can try other items then what we say. I try to keep to items that he may find himself in the wild

Good Luck
  • Information