Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something wrong wit

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Turtlelover198
Level 1
Level 1

I have an (central american) Ornate Wood Turtle. He has been with me for about 3/4 of a year. Ornate wood turtles are supposed to be colorful, right?! Well my turtle (his name\'s Cookie) Has a brownish gray shell with a white scab the size of a dime on it. WHY????? What is wrong? Cookie seems pretty healthy. He basks, eats a bunch (I feed him regularly everyday), bathes, and has a clean terrerium. He breathes normally, his eyes are clear and bright, and his limbs are all okay. He\'s pretty lively, alert, and bright, and sleeps well at night. What is the matter with his shell? I have read all the books about ornate wood turtles and nothing about shells. Someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Turtlelover198 on Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If the scabs are white it\'s probably scutes from shell rot. I can\'t explain the change in colour but you should take him out of the water and put him somewhere warm and dry. There is a site explaining how to treat this disease and I could give you it.
http://forum.kingsnake.com/turtle/messages/14963.html in this article they say to use a general antiseptic, use Novalsan if you can get it. Thats all the advice I can give but I hope it helps.
Turtlelover198
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Information