Just found my Lost Turtle! He\'s sick!

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
KayoCasta

I\'m really worried, my mom somewhow managed to let my turtle out of her eye and he climbed out of a little dish he was in while i was cleaning the tank! I just found him and it\'s been almost two weeks! His shell is white and peeling and he won\'t eat! HELP PLEASE! I don\'t know what to do. I\'m thinking the white shell is from lack of water but I\'m not sure at all!
Thanks
penguin_perfection
Level 3
Level 3

What kind of turtle is it? Did the first layer of shell flake off? It could just be attatched from not being in the water. Someone else could probably give better advice, but maybe you should try scrubbing it off with a toothbrush if it is something on the shell. If it is the shell itself...Well I can\'t help you with that.
joe allen
Level 2
Level 2

Ok p-p is probaly correct this is just a top layer of skin this is nothing to worry about. Secondly his eating will go back to normal as soon as he wants it to you see turtles can go for weeks without eating and sometimes they will thiere is nothiing you can do about this just keep putting food in there. Good luck

/JOE

Our little red eared slider got away from us for over a month. He had to be under a piece of furniture in the living room but one day my 11 year old called me at work and told me that the turtle was walking across the floor of his room. I couldn\'t believe it....no food or water for 5 weeks. We put him into a much larger, more secure 65 gallon aquarium and he\'s doing great. Tough little things.....
  • Information