Does anyone know the setup for the 2-5 gallons heater sold a

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.

I got the 2-5 gallons heater from walmart because I saw it on the forum saying it\'s unbreakable. It has a small suction cup to hold the heater but it said that it can\'t touch the walls of the aquarium but when i stick the heater to the side of the tank, it tends to tilt and touch the walls, anyone who got this can tell me how to put it in the tank. and also if we can stick it on sideways so that i don\'t have to fill up the water too high. My turtles like swallower water level. thanks.
joe allen
Level 2
Level 2

Yes u can tilt the heater sideways and yes you can fully submerse the heater it should not hurt it. I do this with mine. Also i have never ever had a problem with the heater touching the side of the tank. I hhope i have helped you and if you have anymore questions you need answerd and would like them answerd quickly you can e-mail me and i will get the answer for you i have done alot of reserach on turtles and thiere set ups and love to help people with theise matters. I check for questions 2or 3 times a day. And answer them as i find them. Just e-mail me at [email protected]
turtlecrazed
Level 3
Level 3

I have found those heaters utterly useless. I find no purpose in them all. They do not work for me whatsoever. They don\'t seem to heat one gallon much less 2 - 5 gallons. They ARE unbreakable though. I bought one for my stinkpots because they are in extremely shallow water until they get bigger. I was disappointed in the product.
Hope yours works better than the experiences I\'ve had with mine.
Bradleychris
Level 3
Level 3

Buy a real heater. only cost $15 for a descent one

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... CatId=3852

You can find this in any petshop also
greatgondi
Level 2
Level 2

I have the 2-5 gallon heater as well and it didn\'t do ANYTHING for my tank. I even bought another one and the two combined failed to keep the shallow water warm. Hope you have better luck. I bought a bigger heater with an adjustable thermostat and it\'s working great! i think it\'s for 5-15 gallon tanks :)
Bradleychris
Level 3
Level 3

Doesn\'t do anything for anybody

True Dat
  • Information