2 big questions

Discussions about turtles.
Erica
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. My first question is. I have 3 newts and one baby res.. i was wounder if it\'d be safe to put my newts and res together. or would she eat them? and my other is kinda about the turtles food not the turtle herself. I feed my turtle feeder guppies and they always get this desease. They get black tails and then the tails eventualy fall off. what causes this? and where can i learn more about it? if anyone could tell me i\'d be greatly apreciated
thanks for reading this and hopefuly for your reply,
Erica
joe allen
Level 2
Level 2

First of all your turtle will EAT your nutes so that is not a good idea. Secondly i would not keep your turtle on a guppie diet it\'s not going to give him all the nuitriets he needs to stay in good shape i would go with reptomine turtle pelets. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me. You can eithier leave a message here or use my e-mail.
Erica
Level 1
Level 1

thank you for your reply. My turtle only occasionaly eats a feeder guppie. She still loves the brine shrimp and i also feed her lettus (romaine) and carrots some times. And i also give her some turtle pellets but she doesnt really like them i think they\'re too hard for her to eat. and my turtle would eat the newts? even if there were other fish and things in her tank?
thank you
Erica
joe allen
Level 2
Level 2

No matter what you put in the tank your turtle will eat the fish the newts anything that swims it dosent matter. Trust me i have experience with this. Well if you have any more questions then i would be happy to answer them for you. Iv\'e done lots of research on turtles and love answering every ones questions but it gets hard to keep up to date. In the forum room so if you can or will e-mail me with your questions it would make it alot easier on me and i could answer your questions almost daily. I check my e-mail for questions 2or3 times a day and answer questions as i find them. Hope you and your turtle have a good holiday. If you have any questions don\'t hessitate to write me back.
/JOE
Erica
Level 1
Level 1

well now i have a new question. My family and i are leaving for the holidays and Kiwi (my turtle) will be left for 4 days. What should I feed her durring these days? my filter sucks all the shimp and stuff in so should i leave her with feeder guppies and feed her alot tomorrow morning? like fresh lettus and things like that? thank you. and if you leave me your e-mail i\'d be glad to send my questions there thank you
Erica
  • Information