What should I do be4 putting the turtles into the new aquari

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
Mother Giant Panda
Level 1
Level 1

I have just bought a 30" long aquarium for my turtles and it will be arrived on Friday. I want to know, what should I do before putting the turtles into the new aquarium. I think I should clean the aquarium. Do I need to add salt to cleaning it?

no dont put salt in it!
Debi S.
Level 2
Level 2

Cleaning the tank and everything that will go into it with lots of HOT water - ONLY - will be sufficient. Never use any chemicals or salt to clean the tank .
poohbear
Level 2
Level 2

Sorry for the lanuage lesson but I think no don't is a double negative. You forgot to capitalize the n in no, and you forgot the apostrophy in don't. I know all this because my teacher is extremly persnickity about "proper" grammer, punctuation, and spelling.

wash the tank thoroughly with warm water...and scrub it gently along the corners, using an old toothbrush.

let the last rinse be with 10% \'methylene blue\'.

DONT use any detergents, bleach or other cleaning agents, as residual amounts of those might remian..and harm your pets

you can add salt in the proportion of a teaspoon per gallon, as it provides preventive protection against fungal and viral growth!

CHK OUT: Pet Turtle - your Turtles Home!
http://petturtle.htmlplanet.com
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

personally i wouldn\'t use salt. a little is good, but if they are fresh water turtles then it makes it a little difficult. my first turtle was in a tank with a little salt and it wasn\'t very healthy for him. i have been learning in class (veterinary) that most reptiles have low level of sodium in their blood and too much can actually infect them dieseases.
  • Information