Newbie question about basking lamps

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
martysnarf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

GREAT SITE!!! Quick question for ya\'s about Basking Lamp... I am buying 2 RES\'s this weekend, and I want to keep the UV light on a timer for day/night simulation. My question is: do you leave your basking lamp on ALL the time, or turn it off as well with the UV light to simulate night. I\'m assuming the basking lamp should be on at all times, but just double-checking. I don\'t want cold turtles!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Take care,
Jeff
Val_smiles
Level 2
Level 2

I turn off my basking light at the same time I turn off my UV to stimulate day light. As far as your turtles being cold sticking a heater in their tank should do the trick. They are no that expenisive around 20 dollars. Good luck with everything! I hope you enjoy your turtles as much as I enjoy mine!
Bradleychris
Level 3
Level 3

I also do the same 12 hours all lights on, 12 all lights off. You need to keep it close to there natural habitat as possible.

If you need to buy a heater I recommend visitherm heaters, you can see them at \"thatpetplace.com\" or \"drfosters.com\"
martysnarf
Level 1
Level 1

THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH!!! I\'m looking forward to getting them. My tank is all set up, and now I\'m looking for some healthy turtles. A nice, reputable Aquarium Store near me has some, so I\'ll be getting them this week. THANKS AGAIN!!
  • Information