feeding

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Jeany
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me if you should feed your turtles meal worms every day along with their regular pellets. And earthworms, are they good to feed the turtles every day, or can this be too much protein? And just what happens if it is too much protein?
Bradleychris
Level 3
Level 3

I feed my paint meal worms regular and earthworms regular. Once a week I put reptical on the mealworms. He loves em. He also gets pellets and there are always fish in his tank. He doesn\'t eat fish often because he\'s too lazy to chase them, so after a week or so I catch them for him.

I have heard that you should stay away from high protein pellets. I believe the ones I have are only 39% protein. I was told that if they eat too much protien it could make shell grow too fast.

Most important I think is that you mix their diet up. Just like us we don\'t like to eat the same thing all the time. Also should try to fit some veggies in there too, but Monet won\'t eat em.
Jeany
Level 1
Level 1

Bradley: What is reptical? And how do you getit on the mealworms???? What veggies do you feed your turtle? I am new at this whole thing. Thanks
[email protected] please
cheetah
Level 2
Level 2

jeany....you got mail....i sent you a reply...hope you don\'t mind
  • Information