What size tank should I get???

Discussions about turtles.

So I am going to purchase a 72 gallon tank, and I was wondering if that would be enough for one turtle (maybe even two). Also these are the supplies i am going to buy... am i missing nething?
FILTER, BASKING HEAT LAMP, UVA AND UVB LIGHT STRIP, SUBMERSIBLE WATER HEATER, PIECE OF BARK TO USE ASA A RAMP, A BASKING SPOT(STONE), TURTLE FOOD, FOOD DISH, AND FALKE PLANTS, VITAMINS...
Am i okay? or do I need nething else If you are able to help me, please email me at [email protected]
joe allen
Level 2
Level 2

you sound like ur doing ok but i\'ll be honest with u ur tank dose\'nt need to be that big. But if thats what you want i\'m sure it will make them happy.
cheetah
Level 2
Level 2

that is a big tank and i\'m sure your turtle will love it....you sound like you pretty much are on your way to making a nice environment. You didn\'t say anything about rocks to put on the bottom of the tank....turtles love to dig through them...but they can be work if you add them....something you don\'t really need but an extra...good luck....have fun
human177
Level 3
Level 3

Use some bigger river rocks, no gravel or something, those things make it a lot easier
l8or g8or

I have to disagree with joe allen on this one. Why waste money on all the inbetween sizes of tanks. I have Joe, my RES in a 100 gallon and wouldn\'t have her in anything smaller.
  • Information