Wuts wrong with my turtle?

Discussions about turtles.

Hi! I had him for about 3 months now and he\'s been fine until about a month ago. He started acting strange and sleeping around the bottom of the tank a lot. I noticed he wasn\'t eating so I took him out and looked at him. His color was gone and he was just black now. I put him on his rock under the heat lamp but after a few hours he looked even worse and his scales looked close to his flesh so I put him back in the water. Now his scales are comming off in the water and he smells bad...
What should I do?
Val_smiles
Level 2
Level 2

What is your water temperature? You need it to be around 78 to 80 degrees. If its colder then that he is probably hibernating explaining why he isnt active. Your turtle is probably growing thats why he is probably shedding, its normal. And as far as the smell goes how is its water quality? do you have a filter? Do you change its water reguraly? Your turtle needs good quality water and it helps keep the smell down. If he doesnt get better I would take him to the vet. They now best. But try putting a heater in if you dont have one and a filter if you dont already have one as well. Good Luck!

Oh ok, thats probably it. I have him in luke warm bath water for now...still isn\'t moving though...and there is still a strange smell...maybe I should take him to the vet...I\'ll keep everyone posted.

Poor MissMCFish! I took her to the vet and he looked at her and told me she\'d been dead for quite some time. So he wraped her up in paper towels and put her in a cardboard box. The smell is getting worse. I had to buy 2 glade air freshiners and hang some car deoderizers around her box. I give her 30 min soakes a day and I think she likes that. I hope she gets well soon. Is there any medicine that will help?
Bradleychris
Level 3
Level 3

What??? Its dead but you keep soaking it and wonder why it smells bad....I don\'t think the turtle needs help anymore but you should seek a psychologist..
l8or g8or

I certainly hope this is a joke. I can\'t believe that you didn\'t notice that your turtle was dead. It is disgusting and very sad to think that this happened.

I\'m not crazy!? Just a little confused...

I thought turtles smelled bad naturally...
spraggsbraydon2
Level 3
Level 3

it is sumtimes difficult to tell wether or not a chelonian is dead,due to the fact that they keep there parts tukked in when ill to avoid preditors (owners included).Maybe dr.fraiser crane can help you out with your \"problem\".
penguin_perfection
Level 3
Level 3

(MissMCFISH IS LIING...HOPEFULLY...I swear...u better be!)
cheetah
Level 2
Level 2

sorry to hear about you\'re turtle...
deesygirl

I think, I am going to be sick.
TurtleDove
Level 1
Level 1

I can\'t believe this person was actually able to upset so many of you, don\'t you realize that is exactly what they wanted!!!
At one point they refer to the turtle as a male and then as a female, caught in your own lies stupid!!! What\'s next ya\' gonna call 911 with a fake emergency...you idiot!!!
l8or g8or

Doesn\'t it make you wonder what goes through some of these kids minds? To post something so ignorant? It\'s kind of scary to think that someone gets a thrill out of coming up with such stories. I wonder if Jeffery Dahmer had a computer.....
Bradleychris
Level 3
Level 3

My question is \"WHY DOESN\'T A MODERATOR OR ADIM DELETE THIS TOPIC????\"

or

Don\'t they exist??

I assure you all that I am very sorry for any trouble I may have caused, but I was very dissappointed indeed by the responses I recieved on this issue. Truth be told, I was very bored...and this did happen to me at some point in my life. Terribly sorry...I guess I just crave attention in some creativly sick way...I disguust myself sometimes and I hope you can all forgive me.
(Todays my b-day I\'m turning 13!)Bye!
  • Information