RES will not come out of water

Post your turtle first aid questions here.

Thanks to you guys, my son\'s turtle is now in the proper set up, but now we can\'t get him to come out of the water. He spends all of his time in there. Is that ok? Or should I be worried about him? Please let me know. He has been in the water for at least 4 days straight now. Thank you
cheetah
Level 2
Level 2

I had the same problem with my turtle and suprise I caught him coming out of the water. I\'m sure he will come out when he needs to...do you have a basking area for him? That\'s really important.
Val_smiles
Level 2
Level 2

I agree with Cheetah my RES usually is basking when we are out of the room when we come in we hear him sliding in the water. If you dont have a basking area you diffently need one and if you do your turtle might have problems getting on to it. This was the problem I had when I first got Marty(my RES) I just had to experiment until I got it right. Eventually he will need to come out and bask. He could get softshell. Good Luck and I hoped this helped!
lowprofiler
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure your basking area isn\'t too high above the water. Your turtle may have trouble climb onto it if the water level is too low. As long as the basking area is set up right, be patient, he\'ll eventually get out of water. They need time to check out surroundings and be comfortable with it.
  • Information