Dirty Turtles

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
Nagem14
Level 1
Level 1

Help! No matter how many times I clean my tank it is always cloudy. I have 3 turtles and end up cleaning the tank at least 2X a month. It\'s a 55 gallon tank and I clean the filter every 7 days....any ideas???
Wu-Gwei
Level 3
Level 3

How big are your turtles? It\'s obvious that your filter is not strong enough. Which filter do you have? It\'s not normal...

Cheers,
JJ :)
Nagem14
Level 1
Level 1

i have 3. About 7, 5 and 3 1/2\".Aqua Clear 500 Aquarium Power Filter is what we are using....any ideas..maybe a diffrent filter.
Bradleychris
Level 3
Level 3

I only have 1 turtle in a 20 G tank. I only break down the tank 1 a month for a deep cleaning. Every week though I empty out about half the water and put in new. I use a duetto 50 filter which I think is fecies and never have cloudy water. Is that filter you are using a underwater filter. Maybe it is not working properly. The only I have is completely submersible. Also I found that trying different medias in the filters will help differnetnly. The original filter media made for my filter is terrible(and expensive), so I bught differnet stuff and cut myself and there is a noticeable difference.

So in short maybe try rotating water and maybe a new filter system(canisters are best, but $$$
beb1564

i clean my turtles tank every week...he is in a 20 gallon tank also...
l8or g8or

Joe is in a 100 gallon tank, Cecil & Fazsha in a 35, and Moley in a 20. They ALL get an entire water change once a week.....
  • Information