Red Blotch

Discussions about turtles.
shai631
Level 3
Level 3

Hi everyone!
About a week ago, I noticed one of my turtles had what looked like an air bubble on his neck. I just figured that he was shedding again & left him alone. Today, when I went to go pick him up to put him in the feeding tank, I noticed that the air bubble was gone, but that in it\'s place was a big reddish blotch. I was wondering if maybe this was possibly due to my other turtle scratching him (they play around a lot, but I haven\'t witnessed a scratch to the neck) or if this is a sign of infection and how could it be treated?
Thanks,
Shai631
Wu-Gwei
Level 3
Level 3

Sorry, I have been away for a few days. Any more news about the blotch? What does the blotch look like - can you describe it? I would clean the wound and put him in a dry tank to help him heal. If you had more info, it would be more helpful.

Cheers,
JJ :)
shai631
Level 3
Level 3

I\'ve been away as well. The blotch was like a bite mark I think, it\'s difficult to tell. Now though, it\'s turned white, like when they are peeling. It\'s still a little pinkish around the middle, but it looks as though it\'s going to peel away.
If you have any other info or something similar happened to your turtle, please let me know though. I will take your advice Wu, and put him in a dry tank.
butt88

That happened to my 16 year old turtle as well. She died today. Very sad.

But this happened to her partner a few years ago too. We thought it was a bite wound that did not heal. He died too.

We put her in a dry tank. Did she need water? Anyway, I would like to get to the bottom of what this is. Is it an illness? Bacterial infection?? It could not have been a bite because she was the only turtle we had then.

We will miss her. She was a good turtle. She got bigger than our hands! We once found her downstairs!! How she got there, we will never know. But she was a well-travelled turtle!
  • Information