Update on turtle tangled in hair.

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
2wan
Level 2
Level 2

The mat, and that is exactly what it looked like, finally came out! How weird! I guess the hair had to be more of a mass before it could pass. ha ha Seriously, though, the k-y was to loosen any hair that might be entangling internal organs, and no food would allow the muscles that work the bowels to bunch a single piece of hair into something passable. It was a first for my wonderful vet, too. Successful pioneer paveing for the well-being of the ever surviving turtle!!
turtlecrazed
Level 3
Level 3

Glad to hear that, well, \"everthing came out okay. \" Whew. :)
2wan
Level 2
Level 2

I may have spoke to soon. All is not well yet. This morning she was again stressing, and another short hair was working it\'s way out. But this time there are pieces of something resembling a brown paper bag, only thinner. I couldn\'t take her to vet this morning, they weren\'t open yet, so I took her to work with me 65 miles away. Only on saturdays I go that far and vet was closed when we got home. I did get some samples of whatever those paper looking things are. The good news, I think, is I don\'t see anymore hair. User 18org8or copied my post over to TT topic \'help needed\' and I\'m just a beginner and am having a hard time understanding how that one works. I registered, replyed, and told everyone I\'d keep them posted but can\'t do so, yet, over there. I should be ok with it come monday after I meet with her vet. In the mean time, and I\'m not feeling silly only serious now, we should all go out and get a few extra turtle-ties for our hair. If someone could send this over to TT, please do. Topic HELP NEEDED
Wu-Gwei
Level 3
Level 3

Good luck 2Wan... man, you got to keep your garbage out of the tank! LOL! I hope your turtle is OK and it\'s nothing serious.

As for TT... I don\'t understand? Could you register? If so, why don\'t you just copy and paste it on?

I\'ll do it for you.

Cheers,
JJ
  • Information