Are my turtles mating

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
AnnMarie

I have two RES. I know that they are male and female. Just this weekend I think they were mating. The male was behind the female and then he wrapped his tale around the females tale. Then this black \"thing\" came out and went back in him and he left here. Continually trying to \"mount\" her again. Were they mating?
Wu-Gwei
Level 3
Level 3

Yeah, they were probably mating, but were they successful, only time will tell, eh! LOL.

If they are successful, you\'ll need to give the female a place to dig and bury the eggs. Would you want to incubate the eggs? I\'m facing similar questions... I have a pair of RES and they have not mated yet, the female is not ready, but when they are, I don\'t know if I\'ll uncubate the eggs. I mean what am I going to do with the hatchlings. My wife says she wants to keep them, but we can\'t house that many RESs... lol. Anyway, something to think about down the road.

Cheers,
JJ :)
  • Information