what kind am I

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
matta

I got my turtle 2 days ago and the last person who got it brought it from Algeria. This turtle is kinda small,brownish and has black spots on her shell.She is also kinda round not flat and it\'s a land turtle.what kind am I and what can I feed her in the wintertime when we don\'t have any incects here(iceland). Can I use a regular lamp to heat up a place for her untill I get a heating lamp? It only use to get lettuce is that enough or can I add all fruits and veggies to her diet. She only seems to be eating the lettuce nothing else
Wu-Gwei
Level 3
Level 3

If it is a land turtle, we call it a tortoise. You should check out some Tortoise Trust for some pictures or some other websites. Your description is vague. Generally, tortoises will feed on veggies and some may feed on fruits and flowers. I think it would be safe to start giving it some veggies - try romaine lettuce, collard greens, mustard leaves, kale... theses are generaly good veggies to start off with.I think look for some pictures... that\'s your best bet.

Cheers,
JJ:)
  • Information