Turtle Tricks?

Discussions about turtles.
shai631
Level 3
Level 3

This may seem like a stupid question, but do you think turtles could learn to do tricks? Lately when I go to feed my turtles they start climbing the rocks or jump from the water & take the food out of my hand (I\'m trying to control my flinching, but I\'m still a little afraid of being bitten). Do any of your turtles do anything similar?
:D
Honu
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, turtles do that. It\'s just a sign that they\'re hungry or explorinf territory.
penguin_perfection
Level 3
Level 3

what kind of turtle is it?
Wu-Gwei
Level 3
Level 3

Turts will follow your hand around for food. That\'s normal. They\'ll even follow the food and fall into the water! LOL. Anyway, you can try to train it, but it will take some time. If you are afraid of getting bitten, get some tweezers. I use the aquarium plant tweezers (long plastic ones).

Cheers,
JJ:)
shai631
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks for the replies...I think feeding them from my hand is making them lazy though, because now when they see me going for their food, they move towards me & when I go to feed them, they follow my fingers instead of going for the food. I\'m thinking of naming them sloth & drony, lol.
Shai631 :D

shai631 wrote:
This may seem like a stupid question, but do you think turtles could learn to do tricks? Lately when I go to feed my turtles they start climbing the rocks or jump from the water & take the food out of my hand (I\'m trying to control my flinching, but I\'m still a little afraid of being bitten). Do any of your turtles do anything similar?
:D
That does sound weird but I just got my turtle so I would\'nt know
  • Information