What brand of food?

Discussions about turtles.
Val_smiles
Level 2
Level 2

I am going to purchase some turtle pellets, vitamens, treats etc. online soon. Where I live the pet store (notice it is not plural) doesn\'t offer much. The problem is I don\'t know what kind of brand to get and what would be the cheapest place to buy online. I was going to go with Flukers any reason not to? So if you could help me with any information or experiances you had it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
turtlecrazed
Level 3
Level 3

I\'d say any of the pelleted foods are fine as long as it isn\'t the only thing the turtles are getting to eat. Reptomin, Flukers, Wardleys, Zoomed, Hikari, Mazuri, those are some good pelleted foods to name a few. Most are very cost-effective. Just make sure to add live foods, veggies and fruits to the diet.
Wu-Gwei
Level 3
Level 3

When your turts eat more, you can buy them in bags rather than cans. LOL Some of use have a lot of turts with voracious appetites. lol

As Turtlecrazed mentioned, those are all good brands. I like Mazuri and Reptomin... but the others will do. Refrain from the cheap bin at the pet store for clearance. I wonder about what they put in.

Cheers,
JJ
human177
Level 3
Level 3

Anyone else having trouble with shrimps being so dirty?
Wu-Gwei
Level 3
Level 3

What do you mean? When the turts eaty the shrimp, they make a mess? Or are the shrimp themselves dirty? I feed my turts in a separate tub for items that make a mess.

Cheers,
JJ:)
human177
Level 3
Level 3

I dunno, I have a big filter (shark or something) but the water still goes brown!
I think it\'s the dried shrimp, little pieces tend to sink to the bottom and get trapped between the rocks.
shai631
Level 3
Level 3

I\'ve noticed that my turtle\'s tank turns greenish brown no matter what I feed them. They seem to REALLY love the shrimp though, as soon as they see me going for the can, they start moving closer to me & follow my hands until they get the shrimp. (it\'s better than the mess they make with goldfish).
:D
  • Information