Another funny story

Discussions about turtles.
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

I have another funny story, actually kinda scary at first. Last week I came home for lunch, as I do form time to time. I check up on my trtles and walk my dog. So anyway I look in my tank and I see George basking, then I realize that Ringo isn\'t in the tank. I got so freaked. I looked down at my dog and he had a mistevious look, so I thought for sure he did something. I kept asking him where Ringo was, but he didn\'t answer. I finally found the poor guy in the sink behind our aquarium (our tank is on our bar). Our dog was inocent.

Poor guy, I have no idea how long he had been in there. I checked him for any abrasions, or damages, and he was just fine. I think it freaked him out really bad though, because the worst thing about it is he won\'t bask. I\'m giving him time, I know he will soon. My boyfriend and I got some wire and blocked off the top of the tank where the basking area is. So they\'re safe now. No Hudeni can escape that.

It just threw me off gard, because he loves sitting under the light, and never once have I seen him trying to escape, plus I didn\'t think there was any way he could get out. I was wrong. I know those turtles get into trouble when nobody is around. What I need to do is set up a video camera!!:p

Just wanted to share that, and let you all know to be caeful, you never know what they\'re going to try to do when you aren\'t looking.:eyes
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

Well he\'s basking today. I guess the trauma is over.:)
greatgondi
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks for sharing the story. I had a similar incident occur to me...I was so relieved when I found my escaped turtle that I bought him all kinds of cool toys, food, and an extra heater (just in case). He\'s so spoiled now that he begs for food. Glad you had a happy ending :)
  • Information