HI, I\'m new!

Discussions about turtles.
Turtleguy

Hiya guys! I had a few quetions, 1. what should I feed my turtles? And they don\'t eat what should I do? Thanx so much!!!!
Matt
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

Welcome Matt!!:)

Feed your turtles pellets, and dried baby shrimp that you can buy from the pet store. Try vegies, although if they are too young they might not be interested. Try romaine lettuce, carrots, collards to name a few. Also try feeder fish, which might get them interested in food since they\'ll chase after them. If they aren\'t eating its normal, if you\'ve just got them they might just be adjusting to their new environment. Give them time to settle in. Make sure their water is warm though, otherwise they won\'t eat, and just be persistant. If they don\'t eat what you feed them I would clean it out of the tank because it will only make your tank dirtier. Just a suggestion.

Good Luck!!:) By the way how old, or big are they?
Wu-Gwei
Level 3
Level 3

Good advice. I also recommend that you read up more about them. Try the caresheets on this site or other sites. There is a variety of nutritional info that you should know...
Ca/P ratio, Oxalic acids, vitamins to just name a few.

Cheers,
JJ

P.S. Enjoy you turts. :)
Grifter
Level 3
Level 3

for a while our turtles did not eat pellets, only shrimp. we spoiled them on those. after a while i left some pellets in the shrimp conatiners so they got shrimp flavored pellets :p
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

Oh that\'s cool! I have a baby snapper too! I fed mine only live meal and earth worms at first and then worked into krill and pelets.
Talk to you guys latter!!
Willie
  • Information