Help! My red ear slide turtles kiss is this normal?

Post your turtle first aid questions here.

I have 3 turles 2 boys a nd one girl the oldes is the girl and all these turltes kiss each other I just want to know what is this and is this normal? Thank you!
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

I know exactly what you mean and yes I do think that it is normal. I have ten turtles and all of them do it to one another!
Wu-Gwei
Level 3
Level 3

Any tonsil hockey going on? lol!
Yeah, it\'s normal. Their mouths will touch and smell each other.

Cheers,
JJ

Ibanezkid wrote:
I know exactly what you mean and yes I do think that it is normal. I have ten turtles and all of them do it to one another![/quote
Wu-Gwei wrote:
Any tonsil hockey going on? lol!
Yeah, it\'s normal. Their mouths will touch and smell each other.
Thank you both very much for your responses at least this is normal! lol :p I just would like to know does this mean they want to mate? or are they playing ... what is the meaning of this. And now I see the turtles using their front arms to poke the others eyes well not visiously -lightly, but still effectively! I would really like you all to explain that one lol Thank you, again!
Dave
Level 1
Level 1

Vibrating using their arms is a sign that they are trying to attract the opposite gender to mate(that\'s what everybody says). But they usually mate after hypernation(during winter). As spring provides the right temperture for them.

Dave wrote:
Vibrating using their arms is a sign that they are trying to attract the opposite gender to mate(that\'s what everybody says). But they usually mate after hypernation(during winter). As spring provides the right temperture for them.
Thank you this was very informative! Oh boy but this is the winter. So I guess they are trying to mate. lol Oh boy. But my 2 boy turtles are so young(the youngest approx. 7months old and older boy approx. 10 months old) and the girl turtle is much older (approx. a year and a half or maybe much older). And the girl turtles seems to be the more aggresive one... is this nornaml. Also my two littlest ones (the boys) flap their front hands in each other\'s face too. In fact all of these turtles do tis to each other. They are still young so are they playing?

Thank you.
  • Information