Snails

Post your turtle first aid questions here.

I bought a new live plant to go in with my two turtles Drummond and Frankie. It had snails, now the whole 29 gallon aquarium has snails. Will the snails hurt the turtles? Frankie has worms I just discovered last night. Today I will get worm medicine from the vet. But after medicating them I will have to somehow quarintine them. Would the snails cause my turtle to get worms?
Wu-Gwei
Level 3
Level 3

As for the snales... free food!!! Turtles are tough. They eat anything...

If the snales have parasites, and your turtles eat them, then your turtles may get the parasites. That is always the chance of feeding live prey.

Cheers,
JJ
sarky
Level 2
Level 2

Wow, I just asked the same question in the General Discussion folder. I just discovered snails in my tank too, I guess they must have come from one of the plants. I was a little creeped out before but now I\'m worried that he may already have eaten one and gotten worms. How do you know if he has worms, can you see them in the stool?

Oh brother, will the problems never cease! I think this little turtle is preparing me for parenthood.
Gotenks9

Make Sure the Snails don\'t get clogged in your filters. That would be another recomendation.

- Magula
penguin_perfection
Level 3
Level 3

same thing happened with my fish tank except my killer fish ate them all...one day there\'d be some nails them just a few empty shells.
  • Information