Ya right...

Discussions about turtles.
penguin_perfection
Level 3
Level 3

I wanted to buy some feeder fish for my two turtles and the fish man told me that turtles don\'t eat fish and he wouldn\'t sell them to me. What is this all about? Why is a guy obsessive about fish even working there? Does he know that like 50% of those fish won\'t live to see the next week? Come on! Why not join green peace and save the skarks in Japan? So no feeder fish for now...I\'ll go again when this guy gets off...
Heather
Level 3
Level 3

Why is it his business anyway what you do w/the fish after you buy them???
Wu-Gwei
Level 3
Level 3

I mean don\'t all aquariums sell feeder fish? I mean lots of fish eat other fish. It shouldn\'t be a question of morals. I know some people think feeding live prey is cruel, but that should not be an issue.

How old is this guy? Just tryin to have a mental image of the dumba%$.

Cheers,
JJ
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

Is there another pet store around you. Maybe try to go to another one, because either he doesn\'t know anything and you shouldn\'t buy anything from him, or you\'ll have to hassel with the feeder fish rights activist.

Feeder fish are raised to be feeder fish. It makes no sense to me that he wouldn\'t sell them, its a natural occurance. TURTLES EAT FISH!!
turtlecrazed
Level 3
Level 3

What a wierdo. It\'s really simple if you have an extra tank to raise your own feeder fish. Then you don\'t have to worry about this Chump again, plus you are more aware of the health of the fish that you are feeding your turtles. I cringe when i see the conditions of some petstores feeder fish. At least raising my own, i know if they are healthy or not.
  • Information