Feeding

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
turtlegirl78
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 red ear sliders. We got them in August and they were maybe 4 inches. Now one of the babies is a lot bigger than the other. I know the little one is eating but I am still worried about it. Any help would be appreciated!
penguin_perfection
Level 3
Level 3

Keep in mind that females do grow larger than males. If you know the definate sex of both
and the bigger one is female you may have found your answer.
Heather
Level 3
Level 3

Hey I had the same exact problem!! Come to find out one is a male and the other is female.I was afraid that I was doing something wrong.I tried everything :feeding them in seperate containers,limiting food input to my girl..nothing worked!!Then I thought rapid growth rate but that wasn\'t the case either..My little boy had to go to the vet not to long ago to have an ear abscess removed and he confirmed that it was a male and the larger one was a fem....so don\'t get yourself all worked up eveything should be ok...You\'ll never know:maybe babies are in their future!!!
Last edited by Heather on Sat Oct 26, 2002 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wu-Gwei
Level 3
Level 3

Don\'t worry about it. Like the others said, the bigger one is likely to be a female and the smaller one a male. If you are seriously cocnerned, you can always feed them separatelly just tomake sure.

Cheers,
JJ
turtlegirl78
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everyone! I knew that females got bigger than the males but this one is like twice the size of the other one! The little does seem to be eating!

Shannon
  • Information