What a great site!

Discussions about turtles.
Kimasu

A friend of mine gave me his RES about 6 months ago, because he had to move. He said he bought it from someone. I\'d wager the turtle was about 6 months old when he gave it to me. I\'ve kept him in a 10 gallon tank with an undergravel filter, a flourescent light, and an area for him to get out of the water and rest. But that\'s really all I knew how to do for him.

He\'s been growing so fast that I felt like he was outgrowing his tank. That\'s when I started searching the internet and found this site. I\'m so glad I did! After looking around the local pet shops today, I bought a 20 gallon long tank, an Aqua Clear 150 filter, a sumbersible heater and a heat lamp for the basking area.

Everything is sitting in my living room, waiting to be set up tomorrow. I can\'t wait to introduce Popeye to his new home once it\'s running smoothly. I just wanted to say hi to everyone here and comment on what a great resource this site is. I was clueless about my turtle and I had no idea he could live for so long. Now I\'m happy that I can take better care of him so that he\'ll be happy for a long time :)
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

Thats great!

I\'m sure Popeye will be very happy with his new set up. How big is he? I think its great that you found this site. It does have good info.

Good luck!!:)
Wu-Gwei
Level 3
Level 3

Feel free to ask questions and share stories... I always love to hear turtle stories and meet new turtle lovers.

Cheers,
JJ
  • Information