What kind of plants? Where do you purchase them?

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
Val_smiles
Level 2
Level 2

I would love to put plants in my turtles tank. The problem is I dont know what kind and I read not to put plastic plants because they might try to eat them. I tried putting some bulbs in but my turtle dug them up. Any help would be great!
Wu-Gwei
Level 3
Level 3

RES love anacharis... but if you planted that in, it will be gone hte next day! lol! So if you want you can grow it in a separate tank and feed it to them. Turtles will either dig up the plants or eat them all. It\'s OK to keep plastic plants in there. I personally don\'t b/c it\'s easier to clean without them and I don\'t have any substrate. But we all have our preferances.

Cheers,
JJ
lulumac1
Level 3
Level 3

I have plastic. Buy durable plants that wont come apart easily. Test it out before you put it in, pull on the leaves a bit to make sure they won\'t come off. My turtle tried to eat one before, but when he failed to pull any leaves off, he gave up. If you go with plastic, just watch them and see what they do. I prefer real plants, but they wont last long. We bought 3 plants just last week, to give them another try. They were completly gone within 4 days.
  • Information