SHEDDING/EATING HABITS

Discussions about turtles.
LuciasAmen-ra
Level 3
Level 3

what i have been told,yes. they do shed when they grow. they also said to give them some UV light to mimik the sun so they feel 'natural' and not scared. i dunno if that can delay the time period of shedding.

One turtle of mine (lucias) doesnt really eat. I think its a she. Do females eat less food or more food. i know she eats and so does amen-ra. but lucias just likes to stay at the bottom of the tank half the day while amen-ra eats most of the food. any help? also i bought some "HARDY APONGETON BULBS" from wal-mart. is that healthy for my babies?
AllTurtles
Administrator
Administrator

As far as I know the Hardy Apongeton Bulbs are not poisonious. Here is a cool link toMelissa Kaplans helpful site. This is a good section on edible and harmful plants.
blejnbaby
Level 3
Level 3

Linus sounds alot like one of your turtles. He likes to lay back and let Sally grab all the goodies. The funny thing is, when it come to killing the feeder fish it's his job. But, she thnks it's her job to eat that too, even if he has fasted the Reptomin...I've gotten to where I feed them seperately except for the feeder fish...I let them handle that. He seems alot happier and he doesn't let her push him around anymore.
kayeleanor

Help, my 6\" slider that lives in a wading pool outside has a shell problem. The shell seems to be peeling both on the top and the bottom. Is this normal? He does get out of the water when he is sunning himself. He seems healthy otherwise.
  • Information