Turtles Growing Too Fast

Discussions about turtles.

I\'ve had my two turtles since February of this year and they were hatchlings when I got them (since of a nickel about) and now, one (female) is the size of my hand and the other is about 1/2 her size (male). I\'m just wondering if I am overfeeding them, since I find they\'re growing abnormally fast. I feed them twice a day (two tablespoons of pellets in morning and two at night), since I still view them as babies since they\'re not even 1 yrs old? Am I overfeeding them? Please advise, thanks.
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

I had my two turtles almost the same time as you did...and, you don\'t need to worry too much. They tend to grow faster in captivity. I would just make sure that you are not overfeeding, make sure that they eat what you put in. You should also try starting to change their diet gradually to a more vegetarian appeal(i\'d start with carrots or bananas)....but keep the pellets and even some feeder fish here and there just to make sure they have a balanced diet...other then that, sounds like your doing great!!!
  • Information