my turtle won't eat.

Ask questions, discussions about turtle feeding (various food, vitamins, minerals, etc.)
rashuric
Level 1
Level 1

Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:18 pm

i have a baby stinkpot turtle. i've had him for about 3 months and for the first few months he was eating fine. i was feeding him mostly grasshoppers, crickets, and worms that i got outside along with some ReptoMin pellets. recently i moved to south carolina for school and brought him with him. for awhile he was eating ok but now he just is not interested in his food. i've tried everything from various types of live food that i bought at the pet store and pellets and chicken and veggies. i'm not sure if maybe the water is too cold? i have a UVA/B light, a filter, about 8 inches of water, plenty of hiding spots, plants, and rocks, and a floating dock. i think he has a very good habitat but im sooo concerned!!! if you can help me PLEASE DO! any feeding tips will help!!!
thanks a lot!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:44 am

is everything else ok with him? swimming normally, not swollen eyes, ...? he might be stressed from the move so if there are no symptoms of any illness give him some time and he should be ok.

good luck and keep us posted
  • Information