Well, What do you guys think?

You can chat about non-pet topics here! Be courteous to others and keep it clean!
vncweygbo

Well, What do you guys think?

Post by vncweygbo » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:11 pm

I've been working on my son's bedroom for the last three months (finances permitting) and this is the outcome. What do you guys think? I hope the pic isn't too big, I couldn't figure out how to make it smaller! :oops:

[url]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f167/ ... oom001.jpg[/url]

turtle_grl77

Post by turtle_grl77 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:19 pm

I cant view it :!:

vncweygbo

Post by vncweygbo » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:54 am

Bummer! I thought I did it right. I'll see if I can fix it! It's one of the walls in my son's room, I painted it with the Bikini Bottom Houses from Al's favorite cartoon (Spongebob Squarepants!)... We had to replace the old window, blow in insulation (our house has no insulation!!), and then primer and paint! I had a total blast doing it, but like I said, it was over the course of three months, waiting for extra money.... (Wow! Is it just me, or does "extra money" sound like an oximoron?!) :wink:

Ok, let me try this again:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f167/ ... oom003.jpg

Did this one work? It's of the new window....

vncweygbo

Post by vncweygbo » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:32 pm

Ok, here's the window... I have to try to make the other one smaller cause it seems way too big to post....
In case anyone's wondering about the little Spongebob in the lower right corner, he doesn't have arms or legs cause it's the nightlight!!

Last edited by vncweygbo on Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vncweygbo

Post by vncweygbo » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:50 pm

Here's the other pic... .The metallic paint on Spongebob's house looks a little weird in the pic, but I'm fairly happy with the outcome especially since I've never been much of an artist! The flowers and jellyfish on the left side of the pic were painted by my seven year old! He had a blast working on them! :lol:

rertjwi

Post by rertjwi » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:54 pm

your a good painter and the wall looks cooool I like to draw I will try and get pics of my drawings :lol:

vncweygbo

Post by vncweygbo » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:57 pm

Thanks, BrianJ. It was a labor of love :arrow: ... when we bought a house, my son said he wanted a "Spongebob Room"... I had no idea what I was getting myself into! But Al is happy with it, so I think I am too! Thanks again! And I can't wait to see your drawings! You'll put me to shame, I'm sure!! hehehe!

dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dixieee » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:51 pm

WOW this is so lovely!!! i mean WOW i'm out of here :lol: :oops:

do u draw on walls brian? cz i like graffitti stuff but didn't do it since school days

vncweygbo

Post by vncweygbo » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:19 pm

WOW this is so lovely!!! i mean WOW i'm out of here

Thanks, Dixieee! But what do you mean, you're out of here?

dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dixieee » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:43 pm

i don't belong :lol: i'm the worst person holding a pencil

rertjwi

Post by rertjwi » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:07 pm

no I draw with pencil and paper my mom even tried to get me into art school but I said I dont need it and once you see my drawings you would say that too

dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dixieee » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:10 pm

yeah i believe that it's a talent and not something to be learnt. u can go for another major and still make a living out of ur drawings

vncweygbo

Post by vncweygbo » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:19 pm

A couple of my artist friends have now turned into local tattoo artists. Very cool.... but I would be so scared to literally put my art onto someone's body.... yikes! I had a couple of screw ups painting those walls, they were easily fixed, but on someone's skin!? OMG! I'd give myself a heart attack just thinking about it! :o

turtle_grl77

Post by turtle_grl77 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:44 pm

awsome job trtlduv! MAybe I have you come paint my kids room. :lol: :lol: just kidding.

vncweygbo

Post by vncweygbo » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:07 pm

Thanks, turtle_grl77!! I would love to take a trip to Florida! As would my boyfriend since he's a surfer from there (well, I guess he started surfing in Guam, but most of his surfing he did while he was in Florida) :lol:

seeryFoesGefs

Post by seeryFoesGefs » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:30 pm

nice job trtlduv the room is awsome

vncweygbo

Post by vncweygbo » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:55 am

Thanks, MUGZ! :oops: It's really cool to see the whole room together... the bubbles, the flowers & the sand are continued on all four walls, but the houses are only on the one part... Everything in there is spongebob, even the curtains (which aren't up in the picture cause I took it so I could show the guys I bought all my new windows from! :lol: ) I had so much fun working on it, just didn't know how much work it would be! Now I need more money to move on to a different part of the house! We've been out working in the yard cause that's labor on our part so it's free!