Hello Everyone

You can chat about non-pet topics here! Be courteous to others and keep it clean!
monkey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone

Post by monkey » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:09 am

Hi everyone I am new to this site and just wanted to say hello to everyone. Also was wondering if anyone lives in florida? I hope to get to know all of you and I will be putting a pic of my turtle Alfred up so everyone can see him. Thanks for this site, if it wasnt here I dont know what I would do.

dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by dixieee » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:44 am

hello monkey:)
welcome to the board..personally i would love to see ur alfred cz i love sliders and i have 2 babies now..i also build special relations with my male sliders <blushing> :p

no really this is not descrimination i love them all but my best buddy was a male slider that\'s why i have special feelings towards them:)

yaya
Level 4
Level 4

Post by yaya » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:57 pm

i Monkey...Welcome!!!i would love to see ur pics...hey guys maybe we should ask Taryn(the owner)to put another category just to show our picture?!?cause right now they kind of spread everywhere in the forum so it\'s hard to find them sometime....just a suggestion...(sorry Monkey,i should have post that in another topic)

dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dixieee » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:49 pm

yes good idea but how can we contact the admins?

yaya
Level 4
Level 4

Post by yaya » Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:03 pm

maybe we can e-mail about it??

dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dixieee » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:29 am

where do we get the email from? too many requests will certainly do ; )

monkey
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Re: Hello Everyone

Post by monkey » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:35 am

yaya wrote:
i Monkey...Welcome!!!i would love to see ur pics...hey guys maybe we should ask Taryn(the owner)to put another category just to show our picture?!?cause right now they kind of spread everywhere in the forum so it\'s hard to find them sometime....just a suggestion...(sorry Monkey,i should have post that in another topic)
No problem. I agree we need one area for pics of our turtles and their steups just so everyone can get an idea for their setups. Let me know if you all come up with anything.

monkey
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Re: Hello Everyone

Post by monkey » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:36 am

dixieee wrote:
hello monkey:)
welcome to the board..personally i would love to see ur alfred cz i love sliders and i have 2 babies now..i also build special relations with my male sliders <blushing> :p

no really this is not descrimination i love them all but my best buddy was a male slider that\'s why i have special feelings towards them:)
I was wondering how do u find out what sex your turtle is? I just assumed mine was male so I named him Alfred.

dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dixieee » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:31 pm

they say u can\'t know b4 they\'re old enough to show but mine are hatchlings i get them < 1 inch and still i can see it clearly! first the guy at the shop told me they are a male and a female but i forgot to ask which is which :s i went home not knowing which is the male and which is the female then i read many topics that males have longer tails and nails and have a more concave shell..females have short nails, a short chubby tail, and their shell is flatter..i can see this clearly in my babies! there\'s also something else i mentioned in another topic before..the man at the pet shop knows nothing about turtles for sure but he said he can tell their sex from their bellies..he touches it (like scrubbing) and can tell that way
Last edited by dixieee on Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yaya
Level 4
Level 4

Post by yaya » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:42 pm

i just send a e-mail to Taryn(the administrator)u can find her adress at the beginning of the board...where she said \"if ur abusing the board...ect\"i ask her what she think of the idea and hopefully we will have a answer soon...keep u post on that...

dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dixieee » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:49 am

oh ok..so u asked for a special forum for pix? so i would ask for the same:D