need a step for the monsters

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
purplem3pursuit
Level 2
Level 2

Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:56 pm

edit2: is it ok to have the water return just beneath the top of the water? i have a fluval 304
Last edited by purplem3pursuit on Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:11 am

so u had a busy time with ur turtles\' home..cool i would love to see ur accomplishments:)

this is for heating http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/care.htm#Heating

check that for water i just found it..
\"Well, the best way to plan for your turtle\'s swimming area, is to do some math....

1. A general guideline is to find the adult size of your turtle and multiply the turtle\'s adult length by 5. That\'s how long the aquarium will need to be and will give your little friend plenty of room for doing laps.

2. Take their adult length and multiply by 2.5 and that\'ll be how deep your water should be. This gives them plenty of room to move about freely and get some exercise, as well as allow you to place a basking area half way up and prevent your turtle from trying to escape. They are great climbers!\"

i know it would be too much but nice to know:)
purplem3pursuit
Level 2
Level 2

Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:39 am

well it seems i still fall short on this one but im getting better.. they have alot more room now though..

but what about a step for gettting up onto the basking area? i just wanna make sure they can reach the basking area easily.. also.. should i carpet that area or will they get use to it eventually?

and third.. i cam down this morning to find my fake plants all over.. it seems they like to bite them and pull them out (those little asses)... what do u guys do to keep ur plants stationary.. or do u even have any?
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:46 am

I don\'t know about the ramp, I would have to see the setup in order to get an idea of what you need, and the part about the plants, I have only two, they are fake plants that I attached to an aluminum piece of the hood, the one that reflects the light from the bulb, they don\'t seem to bother too much with them unless some food goes under it.

Once you get the ramp installed I would get some marine grade carpet so that it doesn\'t mildew when it gets wet, also carpet the future ramp so they can climb it better.
purplem3pursuit
Level 2
Level 2

Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:18 pm

i should be able to post the pics tonight.. marine grade carpet? where can i get that? thank god this thing is almost done for awhile.. they are enjoying the tank.. i got a heater today and they don\'t mess with it so thats a positive.. but i will post pics to get ideas from u guys..
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:53 pm

marine grade carpet? where can i get that?
Either Walmart or Autozone might be able to help you, besides that (depending on whether you are near water) a boat dealer might be able to help you find some carpet that can withstand the weather.
  • Information