New Basking Area

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.

New Basking Area

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:15 am

I am in the market for a new basking area for my RES Rocky, and I was looking for suggestions. He\'s had a Zoomed Turtle Dock for about 4 months now, but he discovered that he could bite pieces of it off and so he\'s completely destroyed it. So, I\'m looking for any input on good basking areas. Rocky is about 6 inches long and he has a 29 gallon tank. Does anybody like the floating islands, turtle ramps, or aquatic landings? Any help is greatly appreciated!

dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Re: New Basking Area

Post by dixieee » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:14 am

welcome to the board:)

since ur turtle is a bit large in size and the setup is a bit small for him (maybe u would want to consider the 10 gallons/ inch of shell length rule), floating docks will be much better than rocks and bricks..i haven\'t tried them simply bcz i don\'t find them in here but maybe if u still have the holders (or whatever they are the ones that stick to the glass and look like a shelf) of the previous one then u can hang something on it like a piece of wood or anything similar instead of the one he destroyed..

Bbasso
Level 3
Level 3

Re: New Basking Area

Post by Bbasso » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:11 pm

I made the basking area out of Plexiglass, real simple and easy.