indoor pond

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
samiam
Level 1
Level 1

indoor pond

Post by samiam » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:22 pm

I have just inherited a indoor pond with 3 turtles. 2 res and 1 of unknown type. The previous owner did not leave any instructions for the care of these turtles. I have gotten a book and been to the pet store various times. I feed them pellets which they don\'t seem to eat. I got a basking light and made an area for them to climb out and dry off. They do that at night when no one is around. (i sneak up on them to see if they are coming out) As soon as they see me its back into the water. Does this pond have to be cleaned out and what about filtration. Also are turtles always so anti-social...I have been taking them out about once a week and using shell cream on them. Is this o.k.? I really don\'t know a lot about turtles any help would be great. Thanks

STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Re: indoor pond

Post by STRAYKINGFISHER » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:38 pm

I don\'t know anything about ponds but I have researched them and I found this link that may help you with what you need for filtration and other equipment you might need: http://www.practical-water-gardens.com/ ... cle007.htm

Most turtles are social but they have to get to know you for a long while before they trust you, mine still don\'t and I have had them for about a year:D

Sorry, I don\'t know about the shell cream, but someone here used it so they might be able to help with that.

Welcome to the board.

dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Re: indoor pond

Post by dixieee » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:33 am

welcome to the board:)
what are the sizes of ur turtles? i love ponds and i would really love to see pix of urs with the turtles (maybe we could ID the unknown guy:) )

give them some time and they\'ll eat..turtles usually are shy at the beginning and don\'t eat for the first couple of weeks..
keep us posted